Gallery

Friday, January 30, 2015

Just Add Ink #248....Colour!





Hey there!...Before l start on this weeks challenge, l thought l would share some family stuff with you ..:0)

It's been a very exciting few days here. With the school year resuming, it meant our beautiful eldest grandson Archer started school. I just can't believe it's been nearly six years since this handsome dude blessed us with his presence and now he's getting all grown up and independent...Time really does fly by! It only seems like yesterday, l was sending his mum off on her first day...Surely a sign of old age..:0)
Apparently, he was up at 6.30 this morning, uniform on and holding his lunchbox, lol...Excited much!

And to add to the first day chaos, Brady, grandson #2 (little bro) started his first day at 4yr old kinder...such a funny little man, so full of life and a heart and smile that makes you melt..:0)

So, now it's onto all things crafty..:0) Over at Just Add Ink this week, we have a lovely colour challenge happening, suggested by Kim.

Not that you would think, but my lovely big balloon is "Pool Party"...I kept my colours to minimum use and left my card very CAS.
I created the balloon shading by inking it up with Pool Party and stamping my first impression, then re inking the image and using some towel, l patted away the majority of the ink and re stamped, therefore creating the shaded area....Oh the beauty of Photopolymer stamps...I love them!


Don't forget to pop over to the blog and see all of the great projects from the design team.

"Thanks for stopping by"
All supplies used are Stampin Up!

4 comments:

  1. Such a great technique :) I love the effect it gives the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous CAS birthday card Nikki! I love the combination of your sponged balloon and stars! Your grandsons are so cute - how quickly they grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and the shading on the balloon looks so effective! Hope the kids are enjoying school so far this year, they are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. neat card Nikki ... your grandies are handsome - thanks Andrea

    ReplyDelete