Gallery

Friday, May 10, 2013

Just Add Ink #165


Whoohoo!......It's Friday and that means it's Just Add Ink challenge time again and this weeks challenge was set by Christine and she wants us to "JUST ADD WOODGRAIN"....pretty easy isn't it!
With all of the wonderful Woodgrain products around these days, it took me a little while to decide what to use. I eventually opted to christen a sheet of my Woodgrain specialty DSP from the Natural Composition pack.
I wanted to keep this card really crisp and clean, no shading etc and cut the lovely white Daisy's from the Blossom Party Die and the leaves from the Secret Garden Framelits.
To create a realistic looking mason jar, l stamped the image from Perfectly Preserved onto Window sheet using Staz-On and fussy cut around it close to the lines.


I'm really happy with the finished look, but l must share a little mishap. While l was heat setting the Crystal effects on the flower centres, l was sidetracked by a cheeky Mr 4 arriving unexpectedly and held the heat gun a little close to the window sheet, causing a slight dimple on the edge of the jar. But l think it adds to the look of originality, as some of the vintage Mason jars l have are rippled anyway, so l left it as is...:0)

Don't forget to go see the rest of the Design Teams samples.....they are really beautiful!

"Thanks for stopping by & Have a great day"
All Products Used are Stampin-Up

10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! I love the white against the kraft woodgrain. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to do the double embossing! Let me know how you do or if you need clarification, thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, Nikki! The rustic background looks great against the crisp white flowers. Great, realistic, jar (and the tag is super cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness - these flowers are stunning! I didn't get this die and every time I see it I wish I'd ordered it! Clever you stamping on vellum and then cutting it out - it looks like a real jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Nikki. The jar looks amazing...so clever! Hope you are finding lots of time to enjoy your grandchildren. Our 4th is due any day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright and fresh card Nikki. The woodgrain is so rustic but at the same time the perfect background for that sweet bunch of flowers. You know I'd never have noticed the jar dimple if you hadn't mentioned it ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card really made me smile Nikki - it's so fresh & happy. I just love it. I may just have to case it too!
    Hope to see you soon in Brissy. Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, the flowers are so fresh looking and the jar is amazing :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh Nikki this card is beautiful - love the crisp white flower that just pop off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't these bright, white daisies look beautiful against the woodgrain! Love the Mason jar, ripple and all! I'm well. Hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete