Gallery

Monday, June 27, 2011

Comparing products & A Girls Day Out.......

On the weekend l had a fun day out with a couple of girlfriends, our destination was a papercraft show held about 45mins from home, we left about 9.30am and l was thinking l would be back in a couple of hours or so!.......Wrong, we didn't get home until about 6pm and had multiple stops...:0)

The bulk of the day was spent at the Craft show where we sat in on many demo's and make'n'takes, the one that caught my interest was the Tim Holtz products and samples.
 l participated in the tag make'n'take and loved the techniques, that started me thinking, had l used anything that l didn't already have a similar Stampin-Up product at home....well the answer was not really!
I figured l should be able to use all my Stampin-up products in the same way........Today l put that theory to the test and made a few sets of tags, half using my SU  and the other half using the Tim Holtz inks that l had already and a Distress paint l purchased yesterday.

Those on the left are all SU and on the right the inks and crackle effects are Tim Holtz.

As you can see they are very similar, the only difference to the look seems to be the size of the cracks.....


 This last set has no crackle/paints...just similar ink colours applied with sponges, using clear E/P for emboss resist.


I am glad l didn't purchase spur of the minute, as l am more than happy with the tags on the left!
                                                                                                                                                                   
All images, ribbons and embossing products are Stampin-Up.

Have a great day!






6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Good on your using what you had to make just as beautiful items! (if that makes sense!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Each of the sets of tags look very alike. Lucky you didn't spend unnecessarily and can make do with what you already have.

    Love each of your tags, clever chick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such restraint you showed, not impulse-buying! I'm impressed. LOVE the tags made with the SU! products; they are absolutely gorgeous. Your other tags are stunning, too ... I'm just really impressed at how you carried out the comparisons. Sounds like you had a fun day out with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great batch of projects Nikki. Both sets of tags are gorgeous & you have definitely showcased the versatility of the SU products. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tags, Nikki, and good on you for being so disciplined. Hmmm...wish I knew the secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh so glad you did this, I have a drawer full of tim holtz stuff that hasn't been used much, I do prefer to put my money these days into my SU products, and your tags on the left are exactly what I needed to remind me, they look great!

    ReplyDelete