Gallery

Friday, January 20, 2012

Just Add Ink #101........

Morning everyone, it's Just Add Ink time again and this week we have a sketch challenge for you, l hope you all enjoyed our Blog Hop last week and "Congratulations" to Narelle & Deb On winning the very handy Dauber storage cases for entering our 100th challenge and commenting on all of the DT blogs, congrats to you both!

I love the clean lines of this sketch and wanted to use the sweet new Hostess set in the current SU summer mini catalogue called "Up In The Air",  l went simple with my stamping using my SU Markers direct to rubber and then using my blender pen to colour in, it's such an easy little set to use.

The marker colours l used are So Saffron, Pool Party, Island Indigo & Lucky Limeade and Early Espresso for the sentiment from Sincere Salutations.
 My mat layers are Island Indigo & Crumbcake DSP stacks & Island Indigo & Whisper White Cardstocks for the centre panels cut with the 2-1/2" Circle punch.
The Scalloped layer was cut using the SU Scalloped Square Die, to finish it off l pulled out the trusty old Janome and added a little crazy stitching border, some Pool Party ruffled ribbon and some co-ordinating Kaiser Bling, rounded the corners at the base and it was done!

Well that's it for now, l hope you can find the time to play along and don't forget to pop over and check out the fab DT creations.

"Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your weekend"

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! This set will be in my next order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation Nikki! The colours are fabulous & the sweet image looks so dainty coloured this way. Love the crazy stitching too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh .. love that stamp. I need to try and earn that one. The rounded corners finish off the sketch beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour combo and love the soft colouring of your images, that crazy stitching it totally my kind of thing. Love your card Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nikki! I love the way you've coloured the image and your rounded corners. Love the stitching too - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I don't use my markers near enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very pretty and soft Nikki, the colouring is just beautiful! Over stamping the sentiment is a fabulous touch - must remember to do that more!
    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Nikki! I especially love your colour choises and the way the centre circle is slightly off centre. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this set and can't wait to start playing with it. I love how you colored it with markers and the colors and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this beauty Nikki? Love the stamped flowers & butterflies & the colours look great. Hugs. Di

    ReplyDelete