Gallery

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Color Throwdown challenge #144

Wow....2 posts in 1 day! haven't done this for a while.......I needed to make a Birthday card for my nieces 9th b'day, so l thought l would combine it with a challenge.
The Color Throwdown team have supplied me with the perfect colours for a very girly girl....


So heres my very Girly card..........


and heres a couple of closer pics, in the hope you can see the Frost white Shimmer paint from SU that l applied over the coloured image....




                                            It really is very pretty IRL, all sparkly and soft.
As with my previous card, l used Co-ordinating ink pads and blender pen on watercolour paper and then fussy cut the image and popped it up with dimentionals.
The border on the Base card was created using Stampin-Ups new Tulip embossing folder.

I'm sure she will think it's pretty cool and appreciate it too.........for the last few years she has been my little papercrafting pal or as she refers to herself  "My Art Friend", she has a collection of papercraft products that would rival most!

Well enjoy your evening and thanks for popping in again,

                              

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet and shimmery. You're lucky to have a little paper craft pal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki this is divine. The birthday girl is going to love love love it. All that shimmer is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful and delicious! I love the way you used the Throwdown colors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious card! Love that shimmery cupcake and the frame really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. The bright image on the crisp background looks awesome. Love the triple matting! :)

    ReplyDelete